Nevis Valley - $400pp, $650 for 2, $850 for 3
Nevis Valley is a unique valley located partly in Otago and partly in Southland. On this tour you will travel 60km south past Kingston at the foot of Lake Wakatipu and onto Garston where we enter the valley. Nevis Valley is a deep valley flanked on the west side by the Hector Mountains and The Remarkables, and on the east side by the Garvie Mountains, Old Woman Range and Carrick Range.
Nevis Valley is another area rich in gold mining history, with structures and tailings left from gold mining days dotted along the valley. This area is teaming with photo opportunities including the proud surrounding mountains, varying rock formations, vast sweeping plains, old mining structures and miners’ huts. This area is a landscape photographer’s dream, open to your imagination, and you will take away many images you will be very proud of that will grow characters of their own. The use of filters on this tour is very advantageous, especially when the weather is slightly inclement.
- 8 hour photography tour of the amazing Nevis Valley
- Please contact us for bookings over 1 person
- Operates between Nov and June only
- Departs 0830 daily
- Basic tuition on hand at all times
- Canon DSLR camera equipment available for hire at no charge
- Travel in comfort and safety of our 4WD's
- Queenstown CBD accommodation pick up and drop off
- Lunch provided
- Tea / coffee and biscuits provided